PostGrad Dip Prof Psych
Jake offers individual therapy to those 10 yrs and older. He has previously worked in Private Practice, military rehabilitation, and youth mental health. He is passionate in assisting individuals experiencing depression, anxiety, trauma, grief & loss, anger management, sleep difficulties…
Jake is dedicated towards offering effective care centred upon evidence based best practice and an authentic human connection. He is the first to discuss with his clients that lasting change is not about getting to a single “right way” to respond to life’s challenges, but to collaboratively build an individually tailored one.
Working primarily from a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) standpoint, Jake also works with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Positive Psychology. His work is framed not only towards the reduction of symptoms and distress, but also in assisting his clients in living their lives with their own values and passions at the centre.
CLIENT I SEE: Children (10+), Adolescents, Young adults, Adults
Specific Areas of Work:
- Mood Disorders including Major Depression & Bi-polar
- Anxiety: Generalised, Social, Phobia and Panic.
- Schooling, University Performance/attendance concerns.
- Professional interest in PTSD and complex trauma in current and Veteran Defence, Emergency Responders and Police.
- Grief and Loss
- Adjustment difficulties
- Life changes and transitions
- Bullying issues
- Building social and/or communication skills
- Work Cover and CTP
- Anger management
- Pain Management
- Post-natal depression
- Coaching – personal and leadership
- Organisational/business development
- Family therapy
Approaches I use:
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Positive Psychology
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) – individual
- Mindfulness Skills
- Motivational Interviewing
- Exposure and Response Prevention
- Trauma Focused- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Three-Phase Traumatic Therapy
- Constructivist Grief Processing