COVID-19 - PSYCHOLOGY TREATMENT DURING CRISIS
PSYCHOLOGY & FDR
Since the COVID-19 pandemic started Wellbeing Clinic has closely monitored all guidelines and implemented new procedures to support the wellbeing and safety of our clients and team.
We have continued to adjust our responses as advice changes, and will continue to do so, so that we can continue to bring psychology services to all who need as this crisis continues.
CAN I STILL WORK WITH MY PSYCHOLOGIST?
– What has changed is HOW we provide counselling and psychological interventions.
– Our psychologists can offer your choice of telephone OR video-chat teleconsultations.
– As an ‘essential service’ we can, at the time of writing, continue appointments at our clinic (with strict spacing & best practice hygiene practices in place). However, in our best efforts to safely keep connecting our psychologists with our clients we have started transitioning to Telehealth teleconsultations.
ARE TELEHEALTH SERVICES EASY TO USE?
– We have chosen to use Zoom for our video-chat because it is very user friendly and it is encrypted, meaning it is secure.
– You download for free to your device (computer, iPad or phone) and create an account to start, then simply sign in for each session. We have even written out a step by step guide for all new users and will happily help you if needed.
– If preferred, you can have your session via the telephone.
PLUS, the use of telehealth services has been well researched and validated as an effective psychological tool for therapy and interventions.
WHAT SERVICES ARE COVERED UNDER TELEHEALTH?
All the referral services we offer have offered telehealth services in place of face-to-face while the crisis remains. We note that the same eligibility criteria remain per referral type.
- Victim Services
- EAP (Assure, AccessEAP, private EAPs)
- Open Arms / DVA
- Medicare *some criteria remains as at 24/3/2020, however, this will be extended to ‘whole of population’ by Monday 30/3/2020
- Private Health Funds
- All non-referral (self-referred)
- All FDR
WHAT IF I WANT TO KEEP SEEING MY PSYCHOLOGIST IN PERSON?
We understand that some people may not be so keen to use teleconsultations.
– These are new and extraordinary times. And they may be here for a while.
– We have little choice but to adapt, to transition to different ways of living if we are to keep ourselves, our families and our community safe. We know it may feel a little strange at first but overwhelmingly clients report the ease and convenience of using telehealth. WE WILL HELP YOU.
PSYCHOLOGY NEEDS DURING THESE TIMES
– We know our community will continue have the need psychological intervention and / or counselling to support them with depression, anxiety, trauma, relationship difficulties, eating disorders, grief & loss, addictions and more…these disorders and difficulties effect people irrespective of COVID-19.
– What we also know is that the impact that the COVID-19 is already having on people is likely to substantially increase the communities need to access good psychological support. Such effects include loss of employment, financial strain, isolation, fear, future uncertainty and more…
Wellbeing Clinic continues our commitment to provide the best of psychological support to our community during these extraordinary times as we have for the last 15 years. We have to make adjustments too, and we are learning how best to do these. We thank you for your continued trust of psychology team.